Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An Explanation

For whatever reason, I became attached to the idea of having a duck follow me around. I think this might have had its roots in a duck stamp art competition my art teacher made me enter every year during high school. People started associating me with ducks and I suppose I just got used to it.

Fast forward to the here and now.

I was lucky enough to meet a coworker through mutual friends, who happened to own a ranch, which happened to house ducks, who happened to be laying eggs. I quickly ordered a Hovabator with an autoturner off of Ebay, got my share of duck eggs and waited patiently and nervously for a whole month, until one day, July 22, 2010, I became a mother duck!

So here I am now, with a silly blog to document all of my first born's achievements (like pooping) and its growth.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment